The foundation of a secure work environment is an effective safety training program. While the potential impact that safety training program can have on employee wellness is undeniable, many people fail to recognize the benefits that safety training can have on the profitability of a business. Below are the top 10 ways that safety training can positively impact your company’s bottom line.
1) Safety training helps to keep the production line running smoothly by preventing accidents. Injuries and accidents adversely affect production line operations and negatively impact your bottom line. The key goals of safety training are to promote wellness and prevent injury.
2) Effective training helps to create a culture of safety at your workplace. Comprehensive safety training programs are not just short-term lessons. They are ongoing and ensure that employees are kept updated on changing industry regulations.
3) A web-based safety training program helps reduce paper and printing costs. Online safety programs are growing in popularity with CFOs of manufacturing companies because the cost of materials and supplies is greatly reduced. Unlike the training programs of the 1990s that featured large binders containing a series of printed modules, today’s web-based safety training programs virtually eliminate the cost of paper and printing supplies.
4) Safety training promotes productive communication between employees and management. Clear communication between front-line staff and management is a hallmark of success for successful manufacturing companies. Training encourages communication and empowers production staff to discuss opportunities for improved safety.
5) Training is particularly beneficial in reducing absenteeism for older workers. Training programs are often designed with new employees in mind, as they are at greatest risk for workplace injury. However, safety training is perhaps the most helpful to workers between the ages of 45 and 55 who tend to have the highest number of days away from work following an injury.
6) Employees are able to proactively point out safety hazards. When your company promotes a culture of safety, employees become comfortable communicating with their superiors about safety challenges and potential hazards. This information is invaluable in helping prevent accidents and reduce costs related to injury-related absenteeism.
7) Retention is positively impacted when employees feel safe and secure. Controlling costs and remaining competitive in the manufacturing industry requires companies to retain their most efficient employees. Retention is facilitated when working conditions are safe and a culture of wellness is emphasized.
8) Safety training allows you to pinpoint employee who may need extra help. One of the key benefits of web-based training is the ability to easily identify employees who are struggling with specific safety issues. Management can then ensure that these employees receive the extra training necessary to safely operate equipment and perform other job-related tasks.
9) Online safety training programs eliminate the need for travel. In the past, training programs often required employees to travel to a central location to be trained. Online training programs reduce costs associated with travel and vehicle wear and tear.
10) Fewer accidents lead to a positive industry reputation and more business. The financial benefits of a positive industry reputation are priceless. When your company develops a reputation for putting the safety of your employees first, you are able to attract top customers and the most talented employees. Top clients and talent will help position your company for continued growth.
Seeking the Guidance of a Safety Training Expert
The best way to ensure that your safety training program will enhance your company’s profitability is to enlist the support of an industry expert. The eLearning specialists with Wise Businessware offer comprehensive online safety training solutions that will help your help your company’s bottom line through accident prevention. We invite you to contact us to learn more about the many benefits of our flexible safety training programs. We look forward to working with you!