Workforce safety training is important for many reasons. One of the most obvious benefits is that it can help protect your employees and keep them safe while they're on the job. Plus, letting workers know you take their health and safety seriously can improve employee satisfaction and motivation. And of course, training is also important for ensuring your business stays compliant with all types of regulations at the state and federal levels.
As a risk management tool, workforce safety training provides high-value ROI by increasing safe behaviors and preventing injuries.
Yes, there are lots of benefits associated with workforce safety training. But there are challenges too: Keeping training up-to-date and ensuring training is taken when necessary to remain compliant is labor and time intensive requiring businesses to devote considerable resources. The administration of arranging schedules to accommodate training and tracking training records is a daunting task and one that takes key safety personnel away from their core responsibilities. And pulling workers away from their day-to-day tasks so they can travel to an off-site location or even attend on-site training can take a major toll. Plus, workers often resent training that intrudes on their schedules, especially if it means they need to play catch-up later on.Benefits of E-Learning for Workforce Safety Training
E-learning can help eliminate the downsides of workforce safety training by making it more efficient and more cost-effective, not to mention making it more convenient for your employees so they're more open to the learning experience.
Here's a list of some of the top benefits of using e-learning for workforce safety training:
- It's consistent: With an e-learning system that you're in charge of, you can make sure each and every employee gets the same training, no matter where they are, which is a huge benefit for businesses with multiple locations. And, you can easily keep track of their progress so you know where each employee is in his or her training.
- It's adaptable: An e-learning system lets you incorporate online and interactive resources for multidimensional training that's easier to understand. For instance, video demonstrations of specific best practices and real-world modeling can enable employees to see how those practices are applied in actual situations.
- It's flexible: Studies have shown when people are allowed to learn at their own pace, they absorb information better, which means training is more effective. E-learning is ideally suited to a self-paced approach, allowing workers to review concepts they find difficult without the worry of “holding back” other employees.
- It's easy to stay up-to-date: Updating content is fast and efficient. That's especially important when you need your training to stay abreast of evolving compliance regulations.
- It's convenient: E-learning can be offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week, which means you can design your system so it's available to your employees when it's most convenient for them. That means workers don't have to leave their posts during busy times so production doesn't suffer. And it also means you don't have to worry about scheduling training classes that can easily become a logistics nightmare.
- It's less costly: E-learning saves on costly productivity losses, eliminates the costs of travel and reduces safety training program administration time by up to 70%.
- It's confidential: Unlike classroom environments where employees might be too embarrassed to ask questions, e-learning enables employees to connect with subject matter experts and others for one-on-one guidance and a more relaxed, richer learning experience.
- It's more efficient: Studies show employees can learn the same material and receive the same knowledge through e-learning as they can in a traditional classroom setting – but in 40 percent less time.
When it comes to workforce safety training, you can't cut corners and you can't take chances that the training you provide is anything less than complete. Having an e-learning solution like Wise Businessware's e-learning system is a cost effective way to provide quality, consistent, up-to-date workforce safety training.